We appreciate this is a very uncertain time for the entire community and our thoughts are with everyone affected. As we are currently at Alert Level 2, below are some resources and information that could help navigate this challenging time.
What you need to know:
Alert Level 2 is not life as normal. You can still go to work and school, but you must:
- keep your distance from other people in public
- wash your hands
- sneeze and cough into your elbow
- keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen
- wear a face covering if you can.
Golden rules for business at Alert Level 2:
- Reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at work.
- All businesses can operate if they can do so safely. Alternative ways of working are encouraged where possible.
- Talk with your staff to identify risks and ways to manage them.
- Ask everyone, workers, contractors and customers, with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay away from your premises.
- Keep groups of customers at least 1 metre apart, or 2 metres for retail businesses.
- Keep contact tracing records of anyone who will have close interaction e.g. staff, contractors or customers. Retail businesses are not required to keep contact tracing records.
- All businesses must display a government issued QR code for use with the NZ COVID Tracer App by 19 August
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged if you are in close contact with others.
- Reduce the number of shared surfaces, and regularly disinfect them.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
The Wage Subsidy has been extended; applications can be made up until 11.59pm on the 1st September 2020.
- You can apply to cover the wages of your employees over an 8 week period.
- You can apply for the Wage Subsidy Extension for your employee, even if you haven’t applied for the Wage Subsidy for them before.
- You can’t apply for the same employee twice.
- If you have applied for the Wage Subsidy or Leave Support Scheme for your employee, you need to wait until those payments are finished before you can apply for the Wage Subsidy Extension.
- You can’t receive more than one COVID-19 payment for the same employee at the same time.
To apply for the COVID-19 wage subsidy, please visit:
The Print Room
Phone: 03 425 9694
Hand Sanitiser & Surface Cleaner
Otago Cleaning Supplies
Phone: 03 456 1667
COVID-19 Case Study – Speight’s Brewery:
- During Alert Level 2 Speight’s Brewery have made the decision to temporarily cease Brewery Tours; this is to minimise the risk of potential cross-contamination from visitors to the manufacturing site.
- Beer Tastings are a popular alternative that can be easily managed by the team to ensure contact tracing and social distancing recommendations are in place. The maximum capacity for the Tasting Room under Level 2 is 10pax; bookings are made in “bubbles” to ensure the 2 metres recommendation is maintained at all times.
- Contact Tracing is protocols are satisfied in two steps, full contact details are taken at the time of booking and guests are required to sign in on arrival (either via the app or manually). This also applies to all Retail and Cellar Door customers.
- A thermal thermometer is used to measure temperatures on arrival; any guests with a temperature of 37.5˚C of greater OR displaying cold/flu symptoms is unable to participate in the Tasting.
- Hand sanitiser is positioned at the entry/exit of the Brewery, on entry to the Tasting Room, on all tables and at the Cellar Door.
- COVID-19 signage is positioned throughout the Retail Space and Tasting Room to clearly identify expectations.
- Face masks and gloves are readily available for all team members.